When you are renting a house or apartment, your landlord will most likely have an insurance policy for the building. So why do you need insurance? Because you need to protect your belongings and make certain you have liability insurance.
To purchase tenant insurance, your broker may ask you to complete a worksheet to record your belongings. This will help the broker ensure you have enough protection to replace all of your belongings in the event of a loss.
There are different package policies available. Every package will include:
- Personal liability insurance to a maximum limit, in case you are found legally at fault for injury to another person or damage to their property.
- Damage to your own property due to emergency or destruction.
- Increased living expenses or lost rental income following an insured loss.
- Replacement cost coverage for your belongings
- Protection of your belongings from:
- All Risk Coverage
- Named Perils
Additional options can include:
- Seniors package policies for people over the age of 60 in a special care home, nursing home or seniors’ complex
- Coverage for belongings when outside of the home
- Coverage for accidents within the home
- Identify theft coverage
- Increased limits coverage
- Glass deductible buydown
- Sewer backup coverage
- Voluntary fire fighting coverage
- Watercraft coverage
- Special belongings coverage
Extra coverage is required for special items, such as jewelry, fine art, coin and stamp collections, musical instruments, bicycles and furs.
There are also opportunities for many premium discounts. Your Galon team member will ensure all eligible discounts are applied to your premium.
Galon Insurance Brokers work with the following insurance companies to find the best quote and coverage for you:
- Peace Hills
We are on the road in our vehicles every day. While we may not often think of our insurance, it&r...
Commercial auto extension policies are available for businesses requiring vehicles on the road. C...